Shell Nigeria Scholarship for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students, 2020/2021
Shell Nigeria Scholarship for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students, 2020: The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) operator of the SPDC Joint venture hereby invites application from qualified and eligible Nigerian students to apply for the 2020 postgraduate and undergraduate studies to be taken at Universities in the United Kingdom and Nigeria. The scholarship aims at supporting and providing Nigerian students with the opportunity to study courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
For the academic year starting in September 2020, SPDC in collaboration with three universities in the UK- Imperial College London; University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one year postgraduate M.Sc. studies.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC)
Scholarship to be taken at: United Kingdom, Nigeria
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters) and Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded Scholarship
Subject Eligibility: For Masters award the following courses are eligible: Petroleum Engineering; Petroleum Geoscience; Applied Computational Science and Engineering; Geophysics; Safety and Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas; Advanced Chemical Engineering; Integrated Petroleum Geoscience; Exploration Geophysics; Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
Undergraduate awards covers course from all disciplines
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for Nigerian students.
You may also like: University of Exeter Sanctuary Scholarship for International Students
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Shell Nigeria Scholarship for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students, 2020, are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must show intellectual ability and leadership potential and must be a Nigerian student who have been offered a full time admission to study one of the eligible courses at the participating universities having applied through the normal application process.
- Applicants for the masters award must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or its equivalent with an Upper Second Class Honours or higher.
- Postgraduate applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service by September, 2020.
- Applicants that have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed countries.
- Applicants must plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- Undergraduate applicants must possess the minimum qualifications in their high schools and also possess good academic performance (CGPA).
- Applicants who are employees, employee’s relatives or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships.
- Abergrad funding for International Students At Aberystwyth University in UK 2020
- Australia Awards Scholarships 2020/21 for Developing Countries
Application procedure for the Shell Nigeria Scholarship for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students, 2020
Applicants are to submit application for admission to any UK participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be made available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Aberdeen and the University of Leeds, following a formal letter of admission by the university.
The Universities will then process the applications and select applicants who will attend interviews with SPDC before consideration for final selection.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2020